Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


I would like to get a copy of the map, yearbook, or report from JMG. How do I apply and get information such as prices and so on?

Copies of JMG maps, yearbooks, and published reports are available at the JMG Library. For that purpose, you may contact the JMG Official Mother Library via phone number 03-88716000 to get further information.


I would like to apply to undertake industrial training at the Department of Minerals and Geosciences Malaysia. How do I apply?

For your information, the application to undergo industrial training is done online on the official website. To apply, you need to register first, then complete the form and upload the relevant supporting documents.

Graduation, however, is subject to vacancy, and priority is given to students majoring in geology, earth science, mineral engineering, or equivalent.

Combination of Fireman and Gunner certificates

What is combination of fireman and gunner certificates

A gunner's certificate and a firefighter's certificate are certificates of eligibility to carry out explosive work. Gunners certificates are issued by the Department of Minerals and Geosciences, while firearms certificates are issued by the Royal Malaysian Police. The merging of firearms certificates means that the two certificates are combined into one certificate that can be legally used for explosive work.

Did this page help you?

Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input