HULU SELANGOR: The site of the landslide near the Teratai Apartment in Taman Bunga Raya, Bukit Beruntung has been declared stable and authorities have given the green light for residents to begin moving back into their homes from 3pm, Sunday.
Hulu Selangor district officer Ahmad Suaidi Abdul Rahim said no new soil movement had been recorded since sheet piles were installed on Saturday,.
“We have concluded that the area is safe and victims can start moving out of the shelters after lunch at about 3pm today,” he told The Star.
The Public Works Department (PWD), on Thursday, began installing sheet piles at the cracked retaining wall of the Teratai Apartment to stop soil movement.
The department said it would also form a task force to study long-term solutions to prevent future landslides.
The task force would consist of officers from PWD, the Mineral and Geoscience Department, the Hulu Selangor District Council, the Drainage and Irrigation Department and Tenaga Nasional Bhd.
Monday’s landslide led to the evacuation of 1,163 people from 289 families.